Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Do It Yourself Home Improvements and Decorating


 Save money by doing it yourself.

This lens is about saving money and doing home improvements yourself. It can be very costly hiring someone to do things around the house.

But, there's also some things you should call in a professional to do. My wife and I bought a house back in 2000. When we first saw it, I really didn't see the space and details of the house all in the first time looking at it. Then we took another look around and I told myself by changing the room colors and adding little detail work in areas that I would be to make this house our home.

Well, after a few months of paper work and dealing with the realtor and other people we got the house. We had too move out of our apartment quick because of the month's rent was up. So I didn't get much time to do paint the living room that needed to be painted. I did what I could. We moved all of our stuff into the house and stuffed everything in boxes in one room. We lived like that for many years.

I started to do more and more work to the house myself. I painted the kitchen walls white. It was a baby blue color that really was a turn off. I knew I had to do this first. Then I added a peel and stick tile vinyl floor. A wood grain style that looked really neat. Now, to the kithen cabinets. The cabinets were homemade built-ins that were painted a tan color. I painted them white and it did not last. So I decided after years of living in the house to strip and refinished them all. I took me a few months to do. They had layers and layers of different colors of paint on them. I took them down to the plain wood. I then used a honey pine gloss finish to stain them. I added a few details to them and they are great.

My other projects over the years included painting the downstairs/Upstairs hallways. I painted the walls a sand color and the trim another shade to offset them. I painted my bedroom 2 shades of wine colors. I added some decorative trim around the entrance to the kitchen from the living room. It was too plain so I decided to add to it.

Well, If you like doing things like home improvements then check out this lens.

Written By Country1969


No comments:

Post a Comment