Sunday, July 25, 2010

This Weeks Featured Store - Tammy And Mummy

Tammy And Mummy


* How did you get started at Zazzle?
My husband chanced upon it in a US magazine in the library and said I should go check it out. And my! What treasure I found. The timing was great too. At that point in time, we were thinking of ways to get Tammy to understand the value of money. (Kids these days ask for more because of the constant peer pressure... yes, even at such a young age!) So we wanted to give her an outlet to do something she likes and make her own money at the same time. Zazzle was the perfect solution. Tammy came up with the name "TammyAndMummy" for the shop. I had wanted something more interesting, but she calls the shots.


* Where do you get your inspiration for designing from?
Most times, Tammy decides what she wants to draw and it's usually animals. We didn't plan on our shop being animal-themed, it just turned out that way thanks to her creations. We do chip in to give advice and designing tips. Daddy's quite good with colour and design selection as in he'll look at all our recommended colours and design and go "okay, that one". (Pretty easy job, if you ask me. Ha ha.) For me, I do help with the designing. When she simply can't draw a particular section of her design properly (on Photoshop), I'll take over. Tammy draws her designs on paper and then we draw them on the computer using Photoshop. I suppose it's easier for a 6-year-old to draw using a pencil, compared to the mousetrack pad. (Right, I don't even use a mouse!) But I must say she's getting rather good at it.

* Do you have formal training in Designing/Art/PC?
No formal training for Tammy and myself. Which is why we consider ourselves amateurs in the area of designing and our utilization of Photoshop tools. You may not believe this but all this time, we only used the "pen" tool in photoshop for all our creations. We have only just discovered the "brush" tool which can create a "soft" effect, and we experimented it on our koala bear design. It was pretty fun, but Tammy couldn't control the brush tool as well and it was more difficult to undo errors made.

* Tell us about your experience at Zazzle as a shop owner
In one word - amazing. I have never "met" a nicer bunch of people who are willing to share information and help one another selflessly. For anyone who's looking to do an internet business, I would highly recommend zazzle. It's not a get-rich-quick scheme and it will take a whole lot of effort, but it's fun and you'll meet the most amazing people who will help you along. Tammy even got her birthday wish - a scooter - from a zazzler who found out she was trying to earn money from zazzle to purchase it for herself. I mean, this gift was shipped all the way from US to Singapore! Honestly, it left me in "shock" for a couple of days.


* What advice would you give other Zazzle owner that helped you the most in your experience at Zazzle.
Go to the zazzle forum. I didn't know about it's existence till about 1-2 months later. There is a whole lot of sharing by the zazzlers on how to better promote your store and improve your descriptions and tagging for your product. There are also zazzlers offering to promote your store. You can get all your questions answered. No question is deemed too silly, so don't be afraid to ask.

* Provide a URL to your two best sellers - or favorite designs from your store.
This is difficult choice, but here goes. For some reason, this sticker is doing well. 


We also sold this mug.




No comments:

Post a Comment